Archive for April 2009
UPDATE – 4.15.09: Yes, the Auto Insert feature IS BACK! It’s still in super BETA and only for Firefox users though. But IE people, don’t despair, you can still try it out the following steps! (btw, we ARE planning to have an IE version soon so if it is too complicated, you can sit back and relax until we release the IE version ;))
How to use this extension (especially for IE users)
2. Go to your user homepage and you should see a BIG SHINY Auto Insert button!
3. Not just yet! Download & Install the CoolChaser Extension first to use this button! (you will be prompted to do so right there)
4. Restart Firefox and click that install button like you’ve never clicked anything before.
5. Done, you got a new layout!
What’s so great about this extension:
1. It will automatically detect what profile you are using (1.0 or 2.0) so you don’t even have to be on the right tab!
2. It will replace the old CoolChaser layout code so no need to look for it!
3. IT’S SUPER FAST, I was able to update my layout 5 times in one minute!! (from my history)
Couple of things to note:
1) Like I already mentioned, this extension is still in Super Beta mode, and as we are planning to ship out the IE compatible one, you WILL need to reinstall a newer version later. (but this should be a piece of cake)
2. There is a known bug that you’ll see a tiny frame on top of your browser when updating your layout. This disappears after you update your layout and is not permanent. We are looking into the fix.
Those who have tried this feature out, please let us know what you think 🙂